1. It's good for you! Did you know that you can burn more than 400 calories hula hooping for just one hour? According to a study done in 2012 by the American Council on Exercise, hula hooping ranks up there with exercises like cardio kickboxing or step aerobics on a fitness level scale.
2. It's relaxing! Hula hooping can be incredibly meditative movement. Best said by The Spinsterz, "Hooping has a magical way of helping you connect with the world and helping you tune it out at the same time."
3. It's low impact! Unlike many other cardio exercises, hula hooping is a low-impact exercise. This means you get an excellent cardio workout, without the pounding or force on the lower body joints. Because it's so low-impact, hula hooping is a great workout for beginners of ALL ages, including those recovering from injury; it can even help some people with chronic pain.
4. It's addicting! Once you start, you won't be able to pass a hula hoop without picking it up for a spin. There are so many ways and reasons to get obsessed with this magical plastic circle, and the positive addiction can do wonders for your life.
We’re here with lots of hoopy knowledge to answer any question you may have.
Please contact us!
- Join us at weekly classes for in- person answers
- Book a private lesson to get help tailored just for you
Curious about the wide world of hooping?
- Check out @hooplahulabaloo on instagram and follow the hoopy hashtags to endless video inspiration